27 Jan 9 Questions: Celebrity Instructor Monte Sanders
We’re very excited to introduce you to Monte Sanders of MBS Fitness Labs, whose bootcamp classes you can take in-person in Baltimore (or on his corporate retreats), or online on BurnAlong.
1. What do you teach?
Group Fitness classes for all fitness levels
2. How did you get into fitness?
There’s never been a time that fitness has not been a part of my life. It started in childhood with sports and activities and has continued into adulthood. It is a way of life for me.
3. How do you motivate yourself?
My parents instilled in me at a young age to be great at whatever I’m doing. Give it my all. That has stuck with me and carries me through those days I struggle.
4. How do you motivate others?
I spend time with God and meditate on his word. Then I try to share that inspiration with everyone I come across. What we do for others, God will do for us.
5. In your classes, how do you accommodate different skill and fitness levels?
All the exercises in my classes can be performed in a modified version. And I emphasize with every drill that’s it’s between you and the exercise. It doesn’t matter if the person next to you is walking or sprinting, you strive to do better than your last time.
6. What are the top 3 exercises you recommend for every client?
Walking, pushups and body squats
7. How can people best prepare for your classes?
By preparing their mind to commit to exercising, not just for a class but for their entire lives. There is no finish line. They start where they are and enjoy the time connecting with their mind, body and spirit.
8. Who are your heroes and role models?
My parents and brother.
9. What exercise challenge would you encourage people to do?
Take a least 10-thousand steps a day and spend time edifying their mind and spirit.