31 May Fitspiration! 9 Questions with Nicole Glor of NikkiFitness
We love getting to know our instructors and sharing their enthusiasm for health and wellness with the BurnAlong community. The other day, we sat down with Nicole Glor from NikkiFitness to find out what inspired her to pursue a career in fitness and how her classes help individuals achieve their fitness goals. Nicole is based out of New York City and if you haven’t taken her classes yet, they’re a must! Her workouts promise to be challenging and fun, and her bubbly energy will motivate you to push yourself to the end!
Get to know Nicole a little better, and if you can’t make it to one of her training sessions in New York, you can always find her classes on BurnAlong.
9 Questions with Nicole Glor from NikkiFitness:
- What do you teach? I teach everything from power yoga to high-intensity interval training (HIIT) bootcamps.
- How did you get into fitness? I started as a Syracuse University Cheerleader and after graduation, I wanted to make fitness fun again.
- How do you motivate yourself? I workout in the morning when I have the most energy. I do workouts that I love, not that I dread.
- How do you motivate others? Mantras! I have some great ones like, “Sweat is fat crying!”
- In your classes, how do you accommodate different skills and fitness levels? I always show modifications or start with level one and then tell my students, “If that feels good, then try level 2… level 3… level 4.”
- What are the top 3 exercises you recommend for every client? Well, it depends on their injuries and fitness level, but pushups, lunges, and burpees are great for body and muscle changes.
- How can people best prepare for your classes? Believe in yourself and know you don’t have the be an athlete to be athletic.
- Who are your heroes and role models? Any yoga teacher who ever made a practitioner cry. The power of yoga is amazing. It’s a mind, body, spirit breakthrough. Other than that, Oprah? Depak? I do a meditation app with them both.
- What exercise challenge would you encourage people to do? Learn to run a mile, then two miles, then three miles. Then start cross training and be a champion!
Now that you know Nicole a little better, be sure to catch one of her classes on BurnAlong. Nicole’s Walking Workout With Weights is the perfect workout for summer, and her Vinyasa Power for Beginners is a great yoga flow for all levels.