V1.6 EFFECTIVE DATE: [8.31.16]
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the App, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site, App or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The BurnAlong Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect your name and email address when you register to use our Services. When you create your profile, you may also submit information including your phone number, information about your gym memberships, your height, weight and age, and your personal workout goals. In addition, if you make a purchase, we will also request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing address.
If you are a fitness instructor, we will collect your name, email address, phone number a description of you and the name and location of the gym or studio you work at (or your location if you are not affiliated with a gym or studio). When you create your profile as a fitness instructor, you may also submit information including a profile picture, certifications, and a video of yourself.
Information We Collect From Wearable Devices. You may link your wearable device account information to your BurnAlong profile. If you link your wearable device profile, we will collect heart rate, steps, and calories if they are available.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. You also may log into our Services through your social networking accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google. If you do this, we obtain information from these sites as follows:
Facebook. If you log into our Services using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook email address and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: (i) access and collect your Facebook basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, user IDs, list of friends, age range, email address, link, location, time zone and any other profile information you have set to public). If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
LinkedIn. If you log into our Site or Services using your LinkedIn Account, you must enter your LinkedIn email address and password. By logging in through LinkedIn, you are granting us access to your profile information, which includes your name, location, profile picture, and contact information.
Google. If you log into our Services using Facebook, you must enter your Google account email address and password. By logging in through your Google account, you are granting us access to your profile information, which includes your name, profile picture, gender, user IDs, date of birth, email address, location, and any other information you have set to public.
We store the information that we receive from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. We combine this information with other information we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view; links you click; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version
- language information;
- activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into our App;
- location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to help you identify fitness centers and gyms near your location. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site, App or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, App and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, App and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To protect our own rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Your Social Media Platforms and Connections. If you log in through one of your social media accounts, your username and profile picture will be visible to all other BurnAlong users, regardless of whether they are your social media friends or connections.
- BurnAlong Users. When you work out with other BurnAlong users, we will display your profile image, name and wearable device data as described above shown in leader boards and within group goals or challenges. When you post to the Services, such as to comment on a blog post, your first name, last initial and city along with any information that you post to our Site or App, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all Site, App and Services visitors.
- Fitness Instructors. If you are a fitness instructor, we will display your profile image, name, and the gym you work at/your location when users search for sessions or when users use your workout videos. When you post to the Services, such as to comment on a blog post, your first name, last initial and city along with any information that you post to our Site or App, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all Site, App and Services visitors.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site, App and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and App users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site and App usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do Not Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section. It is important to note that if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use the Site or the App.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site or App, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site or App. If you post content to our Site or App, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site or App. If you post your own content on our Site, App or Services, your posting may become public and BurnAlong cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site, App and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at CustomerCare@BurnAlong.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App.