In quite a few ways! Start with the fact that we partner with hundreds of local gyms, studios, and wellness professionals. So there’s unparalleled choice, with classes across all categories and geared to all ages and fitness levels. Then, you have the option to participate live with friends in private sessions. And there’s plenty in between (like weight-loss and other programs to follow, and free advice from experts).
The first month is free so why not try it out for yourself?
That’s right! On BurnAlong you have unlimited access to all classes from all partners. So you can take a class from New York in the morning, Hawaii in the afternoon, and Nashville in the evening (real examples).
Although we have licensed professionals as instructors, we’re not physicians. So you should consult your medical professional before doing any sort of exercise.
Congratulations! Always consult your doctor to understand what type of exercise they recommend for your body and your stage.
We love people reviewing classes and the product itself, as that provides great direction for other members, as well future content and features. (Indeed many of our most popular features have come through member ideas.)
We pride ourselves on having people of all backgrounds, ages, and fitness levels, taking classes, including children. So we ask that reviews, positive or not, are always couched in a respectful and constructive manner. That’s a core part of the community culture we’re building at BurnAlong. We will remove any sexist, racist, personal attacks, or other comments that are at odds with that and flagged to us. Please also remember that like in other industries, from music to ice-cream, people have difference preferences – taste is subjective – and that’s why we believe in offering you as much choice as possible. Thank you.
Yes. All instructors on BurnAlong are required to maintain the relevant certifications. Instructors must verify the following:
I am warranting to BurnAlong that pursuant to the Content Provider Agreement (1) the instructor for this video is currently certified by a recognized organization as described in my BurnAlong profile and has expertise in the area of the content of the video, and (2) has all rights to the content and participants included in this video.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any instructors on BurnAlong please contact us
We’re always excited to get recommendations from our community members on their favorite local gyms, studios, and wellness professionals. Send us their names, or encourage them to reach out. We offer $50 for all referrals that become active instructors on BurnAlong.
If you’re over 13 and under 18 you can use BurnAlong only with the explicit approval, supervision, and guidance of a parent or guardian.
Getting Started with BurnAlong
There are three options:
- Monthly (comes with the first month for free)
- Annual subscription
- Corporate Subscriptions
All memberships include unlimited access to all BurnAlong classes. Get your first month free, too. Get started by registering here.
- Download our iOS or Android Apps, or use via the Web via the latest version of Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- We recommend Chrome – you can download Chrome here. Make sure you’ve got the most up-to-date versions.
- Important note: Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will not work with the advanced video technology that we use.
- Make sure you have a strong Internet connection – and close other windows. We do our best behind the scenes to optimize the experience for you based on your specific connection speed.
- If you want to take a class with others, you may get a small pop-up at the top of your screen asking for access to your camera and microphone. Make sure you Allow Access. (And when you’re participating in a class with your friends please make sure you don’t have any other tabs, windows or programs that are using your camera)
Times are set by gyms, studios, and instructors, and can range from a few minutes to more than an hour. You can filter classes by the length when you’re searching for the right class.
There is. Along with fitness partners we also partner with wellness and rehabilitation partners.
Most classes on BurnAlong don’t require equipment.
When searching for a class, you can filter the results by the equipment you have. Get creative – there are often times things you can substitute for certain equipment (cans of peas for example, can substitute for weights, chairs for bars. We’ve learned from instructors.)
Community members use BurnAlong in their homes, offices, hotel rooms, backyards, or while waiting to pick up the kids, for flights … you name it.
We recommend having 5-6 feet between yourself and the camera / Screen but this varies based on the type of class you want to take. You can always modify your exercising as you go depending on your space.
Try different types of classes, and see what you enjoy the most and which instructors inspire you. It might be different classes and different instructors on different days. You might enjoy taking certain classes with friends and others on your own. Variety is the spice of exercise, too.
Both! We offer live classes and on demand classes. So whenever you want, wherever you are, you can take any class from any partner.
You can also invite others to join you in private sessions. That’s right you can actually see and speak to friends while working out. Currently, you can be live with up to 3 friends. So, you’ll see up to five screens: the instructor, yourself, and 3 friends.
You can take classes alone in private whenever you want. Being able to take classes with others is an added benefit.
It’s very easy.
- Find the class you’d like to take,
- Select schedule, and set the date, time, and the friends you’d like to invite.
- Login a few minutes before the scheduled time, click on your schedule, see the class, and select “join now.”
- Wave and say hello to your friends and enjoy the class!
Our apologies. We know that’s frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can go through:
- Check Your Browser:
- Please make sure you are using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. We recommend Chrome – you can download Chrome here.
- Important note: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Safari will not work with the latest and more advanced video technology that we use.
- Please make sure you’re using the most recent version of the Browser.
- Please make sure all other tabs are closed.
- Restart your computer.
- Check Your Internet Speed:
- Make sure you have as strong Internet connection as possible. We do our best behind the scenes to optimize the experience for you based on your specific connection speed. Important note: If you’re on a public wifi, or a wifi with a lot of other people, this will slow you down.
- Take a speed test ahead of time to check your set-up. You may run into problems if your connection speed degrades to 3G or lower (100ms Ping, 750 kb/s download and 250 kb/s upload).
- Hints on how to read your test results:
- Ping should be LOWER than 100ms
- Download should be HIGHER than 750 kb/s (note: if your results show mb/s instead of kb/s your connection is much better!)
- Upload should be HIGHER than 250kb/s (note: if your results show mb/sinstead of kb/s your connection is much better!)
- Check for Interference from Security Software:
- Firewalls and other security software can interfere with the streaming of video. Try disabling your firewalls or security software temporarily and then try to watch classes. If that then works simply add BurnAlong to your list of exceptions.
If none of the above works, or you have questions, please contact us and we’ll help you.
Please make sure your phone is not set to silent or vibrate, and your volume is turned up. If you’re still experiencing issues after that, check to make sure you don’t have a Bluetooth device hooked up.
As always, if you need further assistance we’re always here to help and happy to do so. Contact us with any questions.
There are a few ways to connect to your TV from a mobile device. You can use a wired connection (more information here). Or depending on your device, you can also stream classes directly to a smart tv.
Apple iOS devices can cast to Chromecast enabled devices and have the ability to use Apple’s native Screen Mirror feature.
Android app versions higher than 4.3.6 are able to cast to the following devices:
- Fire TV Stick
Due to the variety of devices and operating systems we recommend consulting the help documents or website associated with your specific mobile device and/or smart TV.
Please note we are currently in the process of expanding the ways you can take classes on your TV. In the coming months we’ll release native apps for streaming devices, such as Apple TV, Roku, etc.
Managing Your Account & Privacy
We take privacy very seriously around here. No one can see you unless you give them access. When you join a session, the only people who can see you are your friends who are taking the class with you, but only if you give them access. Just click on the camera or microphone button switch them on or off.
And there’s always the option to take classes alone without a camera. It’s your choice.
Canceling your account is easy, but it depends how you signed up.
Here’s how to cancel if you signed up through burnalong.com.
If you signed up directly through BurnAlong, login and mouse over your profile in the upper right. Then select “My Profile” from the menu. Scroll down to the “Subscription” section. There you can cancel or change your subscription.
If you signed up through Apple, Google, or Amazon
If you signed up through the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon, you’ll need to manage your subscription through your account with those platforms.
We’re sorry to see you go. If you’re not satisfied and want to cancel just do it before your next cycle starts. Log into your account and go to your account settings. And we’re always here if you decide to come back.
You’ll have access for the duration of your subscription so please do make use of it. We’d appreciate you letting us know why you’re leaving, and what we could do to bring you back.
We hope you get the most out of BurnAlong and enjoy your experience. If you run into any trouble please reach out to us directly here. You can cancel your membership at any time. Our free trials are exactly that — free. Your credit card will not be charged until your free trial ends — no strings attached. You can cancel your membership up to 48 hours before it is scheduled to renew and you can continue using BurnAlong for the duration of your membership.
We do not refund any partial month or annual memberships.