Jason Williams has been in the health and fitness industry since 2002. If you’re in the Baltimore, Maryland area, you’ve probably seen him around town. He’s a former college athlete turned personal trainer, with a focus on Pilates and Barre. He’s the founder of Charm City PT and Pilates Barre. If you’ve taken Jason’s classes in person or on Burnalong, you know you’re in for a serious workout. He emphasizes the importance of proper alignment and pushes his students to never give up. Find out what motivates Jason to workout, his favorite go-to exercises, and what inspired him to pursue a career as a personal trainer in our Burnalong instructor Q&A!
- What do you teach? Personal Trainer, Pilates, Barre, Meditation
- How did you get into fitness? I got into fitness through running track in high school. That’s where I got an interest in human performance.
- How do you motivate yourself? I motivate myself by educating myself about health, nutrition, and fitness trends. Meditation also helps motivate me to be more in tune with clients and class participants.
- How do you motivate others? I love sharing knowledge of what I learned to motivate others. I believe people get motivated by the more they know about their bodies, nutritional health, and overall wellness.
- In your classes, how do you accommodate different skill and fitness levels? I like to make sure classes are a certain level and give options to make it harder or easier. I also like to teach by the way people learn. Making sure I demo, speak clearly, and adjust people as needed.
- What are the top 3 exercises you recommend for every client?
- Reverse lunges: Great stretch for the hip flexors and legs
- Push-up rotations: Incorporates upper body and single arm strength
- Oblique twists: Any abdominal exercise with rotation strengthens the abs
- How can people best prepare for your classes? Stretch and hydrate
- Who are your heroes and role models? People who show up and put in the work!
- What exercise challenge would you encourage people to do? Interval Challenge. 30-minute intense workout, 3 times a week for 3 weeks.
Check out Jason’s classes on Burnalong. Choose from Partner Barre (you can do this on your own if you don’t have a partner!), Solo/Duo Workout, Introduction to Meditation, and Pilates Barre Express.